Dear Members of the St. Cecilia Community,
As many of you are aware, almost every day, new information is published by government, health and church officials regarding the lifting of mandates or procedures in regards to the Covid-19 situation. In light of this, I would like to update you on the continued processes taking place at St. Cecilia beginning this weekend.
- The Bishops of Ohio have advised Pastors to take steps to further open our churches so as to enable more people to attend/participate at weekend Masses. The Bishops of Ohio have announced that the General Dispensation from attending weekend Masses will end on the weekend of June 5-6, 2021. All who are able are asked to resume regular attendance at weekend Masses and on Holydays of Obligation. As is always the case, those who are ill and those who believe that they remain at high risk are not bound by the obligation.
- Bishop Brennan has asked all priests to encourage people to be vaccinated. In addition, he asks that the wearing of face masks continue to be the norm at Masses until June 2, 2021.
- All pews in the church are now available for seating. Those who want to continue to maintain social distancing may choose to be seated in the Gathering Space where there will be chairs set-up.
- The procedures for the reception of Holy Communion will remain as they have been. The Bishops have not yet approved the distribution of the Precious Blood. Hopefully this will resume at a later time. We will resume procession with the gifts at a later time. The Sign of Peace can be exchanged without contact. Holy water for home use remains available in the container in the Gathering Space.
- For now, we will keep the practice of using the boxes at the rear of the church for the Offertory until we are able to have a sufficient number of Ministers of Hospitality at each Mass to resume the use of the baskets.
- Many parishioners have their own Missalettes/Hymnals. We ask that you continue to bring them with you to Mass and take them home. Hymn sheets will continue to be available in the Gathering Space each weekend for those who would like to use them as an alternative. We now have a limited supply of Missalettes available for general use for any parishioner or visitor who may not already have one. These new Missalettes will be available on a cart in the Gathering Space at each Mass. Please feel free to take one to use during Mass. When Mass is over, we kindly ask that they be returned to the cart for others to use at a later Mass.
- All the Liturgical Ministers will be contacted by the Ministry Coordinators about their willingness/ability to resume their ministry, about any updating that will be needed, and when the resumption of some ministries will take place.
Thank you for your understanding and patience with these matters.
Father Leo Connolly